The Pennsylvania Apple Marketing Program teamed up with an education professional to create a brand new Teacher Kit. The activities found in the kit are designed to complement existing lesson plans and school curriculum.
For students in kindergarten through grade 3, educators will find apple-inspired activities that focus on the following areas:
- Science – activities include life cycles, sequencing, vocabulary, labeling, and using a diagram
- Math – activities include extending and creating patterns, sorting, counting, basic addition and subtraction, comparing numbers, and measurement
- Reading and Writing – activities include poems and stories
- Arts and Crafts – activities include stencils and coloring pages
For students in grades 4 through 6, educators will find apple-inspired activities that focus on the following areas:
- Science – activities include observing, recording data, life cycles, sequencing
- Math – activities include calculating circumference, radius and diameter, finding weight and measurement
- Writing – activities include essays and poems
- Arts and Crafts – activities include creating apple pomanders for the room
- Social Studies – activities include community jobs, vocabulary
In addition, the Teacher Kit includes worksheets, mazes, crossword puzzles and word finds and scrambles.